Sunday, December 11, 2011

Journal 65

     Last Friday I met Irene on the hallway before I walked into my homeroom. I hadn’t worn my glasses yet, so I thought that Irene was Melissa. Until I walked closer to Irene, I just found that she was Irene not Melissa. When I met both of them at locker area during lunch time, we chatted about this event together with them in Chinese. I speak Chinese unconsciously because it is my native language and then I feel more comfortable to speak it. I think that it is easier for me to communicate in Chinese, and even if I fluent in another language, I still want to go back to my native language when I can. It is just normal. However, we are not supposed to speak Chinese in school because we study in American school not Taiwanese local school. If we keep speaking Chinese, we won’t have any chance to improve our English ability. My better skill of speaking English might improve my listening because I have to understand the meaning of words first. The weak speaking skill of English won’t help me to succeed in college anymore. As reading, listening, writing, and speaking are related to each other, I should practice all of them rather than parts of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment