Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Journal 47

     I felt both mentally and physically tired today because I used a lot of energy to think about the college’s essays. I was so uncomfortable about the essays I wrote. I couldn’t predict how the readers in college admission offices thought about my essays. It was very subjective, so someone might like my essay but someone might not. I asked my parents to help me brainstorm. My mother provided me lots of examples and showed me the connection between each of them. On the other side, my father reorganized the cases my mother provided and made a conclusion. They seemed to help me a lot, but I still have problem to put those examples into my essay. Although I finished my first draft of Rutgers University’s essay, I was not sure that whether I was on the right track or not. I knew that my SAT score was not high enough to compete, so my essays were extremely important. They could help me to stand up from others. For Rutgers’s essay, I describe the world I came from, such as my family and community backgrounds. I mentioned two situations in this essay and I worried that it might lose the focus. I probably would change the structure a little bit.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment